Operations Centers: Design, Set-up and Technology Choices
Every day, countless men and women report to work at operation centers around the world. These operation centers are known by many names, but they all have one thing in common – a need to provide situational awareness for mission critical operations. However, there are far too many organizations that attempt to rely on their own resources. The following document is intended to be a workflow of the various considerations that should be navigated when building or refreshing an operation center.
- Importance of subject matter expertise during operations center or control room design.
- How to help combat operator fatigue or visual fatigue.
- Tips for how to align stakeholders to ensure the room and technology is set up to maximize situational awareness and real-time decision-making.
- An understanding of total cost of ownership and how it applies to solutions for operation centers and control rooms.
- How to ensure your plans and decisions today can support your operations center or control room needs for the present as well as the future.